“My goal is to develop programs which improve service and efficiency
in the Sacramento County Assessor's Office.”
Kathleen Kelleher has served with the Sacramento County Assessor’s office since 1987. She rose to the position of Assessor January 3, 2011, following her election in June, 2010. Before being elected Assessor, she served as the first woman to be appointed as Assistant Assessor.
Kathleen graduated from California State University, Sacramento and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, including a concentration in Real Estate and Land Use. She pursued graduate level study in Real Estate at Golden Gate University and is certified by California State Board of Equalization as an Advanced Appraiser for Property Tax Purposes. Her accomplishments include:
- Received three Quality Recognition Awards from the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors
- Member of the International Association of Assessing Officers
- Member of Soroptimist International Greater Sacramento
- Member of Sacramento Taxpayer’s League
- 2015 Treasurer, California Assessor’s Association
- 2014 President, Bay Area Assessor’s Association
- Co-Chair of 2014 Conference of the International Association of Assessing Officers
- 1991 Received “The Best of the Best” Employee recognition award for her work on behalf of Sacramento County taxpayers
Kathleen lives in Sacramento County with her husband Drew, and has three children, two step-children and eight grandchildren. Both Kathleen and her husband are community volunteers and are active in service organizations.